- Represents CBM in Nepal, develops and implements the CBM’s federation strategy within the framework of CBM’s vision and mission. The post is responsible for running and developing the Country Coordination Office in coordination with CBM Regional office.
- Protect and promote CBM’s brand, vision mission, values in all its work in Nepal.
- Promote CBM’s agenda of disability inclusive development in line with the federation strategy and other guidelines as developed, through programmes, international and national partnerships, advocacy and working closely with national and local government.
- Oversee, facilitate and lead the process of effective planning and implementation of the country strategic plan
- Oversee the programme portfolio in line with CBM’s processes and systems.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic/ operational plans under guidance of the Regional Office /IO
- Explore needs, opportunities for CBM to work strategically in Nepal.
- Facilitate the development and revision of proposals, new initiatives and concept notes
- Promote innovations, partnership development and new partnerships
- Capacity building of partners and team members
- Support the development and implementation of effective M&E systems
- Work closely with the Regional office, International Office and Member Associates
- Develop strategies to support National stakeholders in advocacy of disability issues that further the aims of the Country plan
Legal and statutory:
- Oversee activities relating to CCO administration and finances including budget development, monitoring and audits
- Review financial reporting to ensure that financial reporting meets CBM requirements
- Ensure organisational compliance with National statutory requirements and laws, Regional office and CBM International standards, guidelines and processes are adhered to.
- Ensure that staff positions are appropriately filled in consultation with RD
- Ensure the development and review of job descriptions in consultation with HR and RD
- Identify staff development needs and ensure capacity building
- Ensure that staff performance and development reviews are established and undertaken
Policies and systems
- Develop and adapt HR and Financial policies to the context in Nepal ensuring compliance with local and international labour laws/conventions
- Very good knowledge of global development, disability, intersectionalties and related issues. Knowledge of the social development sector and rural & urban social dynamics in Nepal.
- Very good knowledge about different programme planning, implementation and monitoring mechanisms; project cycle management, logframe and other development tools
- Thorough knowledge about financial management in the development sector
- Very Good Communication Skills in English (verbal and Written)and Nepali
- Excellent Computer literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications such as Word, excel & power point
Professional and Personal Profile:
- Good networking and communication skills
- Proven experience in working with partners
- Leadership skills
- Good decision making skills.
- Good multi-tasking with time-management skills. Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Strong team-working skills, ability to work independently, as well as in a group setting
Education and experience:
- PG degree in social work/rural development and rural management/business management
- Preference will be given to those with experience in disability management
- 10 to 15 years of work experience in the social development sector and with disability management related multilateral and international agencies
- 8-10 years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience in liaising with various stakeholders like Government, NGOs, advisors, consultants, community based organizations, disabled peoples’ organizations, Government and other stakeholders
Interested applicants are requested to submit their latest CV along with a covering letter stating their suitability for the position to Human Resource Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th April 2017.
Telephone enquiry will not be entertained.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to explore this opportunity.
The job holder adheres to CBM beliefs as well as values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy and CBM Code of Conduct.