LOCATION: Country Office, Kathmandu
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support Services Department
Post Type: National (Fixed Term)
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
This position will be responsible for strong controllership functions and streamlining compliance provisions, ensuring smooth operation of financial administraiton of CO. Strong core accounting results delivery expected in partnership with Budget Holders, SMT, ARO and inter-departmental stakeholders. S/he must have strong knowledge of GAAP, AS, SAP and accounitng functions. This is key position providing necessary systemetic financial information to internal and external clients.Need to lead for sound financial control and management throughout organization and in the partner level. Establishing and improving financial policies and guidelines, ensuring compliance, establishing sound internal control mechanism, manage and facilitate all audit functions and take actions on audit recommendations are core functional areas of this position. Inclining to zero disallowances improvement on audit ratings and partnership financial management will be key targets for this position.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Prudential financial accounting (30%)
- Ensure highest standards of services in core accounting, financial management.
- Manage prudential treasury management,liquidity management and cash forecasting / holding as per business need and within the set organizational standards.
- Strong control over detors and creditors aging, control accounts, Balance Sheet accounts.
- Ensure clean financial picture with timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers.
- Lead on monthly financial reporting, MFR, MCC, FCC and other periodical reporting, control and compliance requirements with accurancy and timeliness.
- Ensure timely effort reporting in coordination with HR Department.
- Focal person to monitor, coordinate for global effort reporting, cost allocation policy and global quick win and change management projects.
- Generate and analyze Agresso reposts, explain and dissiminate to various departments and stakeholders as required.
- Communicate to core accounting related issues to ARO, SCI Center, FMS to resolve financial data issues. Synchronize financial data with FPA section and Awards.
- Ensure periodic progress on control, compliance and audit issues, country annual planning, proper absorption of available grant resources. Ensure correct and timely recording of financial transactions held on behalf of other agencies (country office, regional and central office, member countries, etc.).
- Leads to monthly / yearly accounting closing procedures at CO level.
Financial policies and systems administration (20%)
- Administration of FMS according to SCI standards. Focal person for administration of Global Finance Manual and Country Finance manual
- Work as the key staff for administration of accounting softwres used through the organization,
- Lead in financial policy development, update, revise and cross-departmental financial management issues.
Internal control, compliance and audit (30%)
- Ensure in coordination with Internal Audit Department that organizational internal control mechanisms are in place and play advisory role for continous improvement in internal control system.
- Ensure statutory / donor / global assurance / internal audit are well facilitated and plan of action for each audit observations are developed and concluded in timely and effectively manner.
- Maintain the critical observation trackers such as but not limited to; Critical Audit Observation Tracker and Critical Partnership Observation Tracker, Financial Risk Monitoring Matrix. Develop, implement and monitor plans to resolve the critical tracker issues. Update to SSD every month of addition and closure of the critical issues.
- Monitor and advise the big vertical projects and field finance core accounting functions. Manage technical line of command in core accounting for such projects and field office finance.
- Monitor the COrisk register and ensure POD and financial monitoring matrix are going hand on hand; if not, coordinate with the POD officials for synchronization of monitoring activities.
- All kind of audit facilitation, develop audit observation respones plan and monitoring of the progress. Lead to minimize recurring audit observations.
Staff Management, Mentorship and Capacity Building (10%)
- Assess and facilitate the capacity building needs of core accounting / finance staff.
- Develop strong mechanism for financial administration, especially on the Agresso and FAMAS software and data clean up, accounts reconciliations.
- Develop second line leadership in strategic and functional level accounting staff team.
- Represents and coordinates both internal and external forums as required.
- Develop strong business partenering mechanism to keep the prudential accounting functions and systems up and running. Coordinate with inter-departmental officials to make effectively functional the set systems, mechanism and team works.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent.
- Total work experience 5 - 10 Years
- Relevant work experience 5 - 7 Years
- Strategic planning,staff supervision/management,computer Skills (advance),skills on Agresso FAMAS, skills on other ERP accounting software and online banking systems will be an added value; working in multi-cultural environment. Highly competent in general accounting, financial management and financial systems management.