Department : F&B Service
Reporting To: Operation Manager
Oversee and coordinate the running, planning, organizing, training and leadership (relating to all restaurant Front of House) necessary to achieve objectives in sales, costs, guest service and satisfaction.
- Responsible for day to day restaurant operation.
- Responsible for maintaining high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Effectively delegate jobs and responsibilities to restaurant staff.
- Communicate with management across the company to ensure effective running of the business as well customer satisfaction.
- Work with management personnel to set targets and incentives to increase turnover and profitability of restaurant.
- Review and monitor, with bookkeeper or other financial personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations.
- Supervise operation of restaurant to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are always meeting guest expectations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Plan wine and drinks lists suited to the restaurant and its clientele.
- Monitor the purchasing of supplies and perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
- Work with management personnel to plan and organize restaurant events.
- Organize and oversee regular training of all restaurant staff concerning the menu, customer service, wine and drinks lists.
- Deal with customer complaints in keeping with the company’s customer service ethos and methods.
- Maintain a positive and pro active attitude at all times.
- Manage staff disagreements, grievances and situations according to the company’s staff code of conduct, procedures and relevant policies.
- Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct.
- Comply with the provisions of the contract and any of the Company Policies and set an example for more junior members of staff. Âƒ
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs. Âƒ
- Responsible for all restaurant inventories including food, liquor, beer, wine, furniture, accessories, equipment, & tool inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented detailed status in all areas including on hand quantities, costs, & quality levels.
- Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through systematic ordering and forecasting techniques. Âƒ
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition, and, deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures. Âƒ
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Perform other related ad-hoc duties as assigned by management.
- Ensure efficient use and management of time.
- Sign relevant forms.
- Contribute new ideas and offer feedback to Reporting Manager.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Support the implementation of new policies and procedures issued by Management from time to time.
- Exhibit a positive and involved team attitude to all and promote positive relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust and mutual respect.
- Perform all assigned duties efficiently, technically correct, follows Company policies, rules and regulations, requests of Superiors, adhere to procedures and achieve a high standard leading to company satisfaction.
- Update oneself and follow security/fire/safety procedures according to Company’s rules and regulations.
- Attend divisional/departmental meeting and training when requested.
- Assist with other duties as determined by immediate superiors from time to time.
- Promote the company in a positive manner.
- Deliver high quality, courteous and informative services.
- Ensure the provision of service standards that develop and encourage repeat business.
- Respond to customer complaints and refer to Reporting Manager if required.
- Maintain focus and confidentiality.
- Make decisions and solve problems within set rules and procedures.
- Confer with Reporting Manager, as required.
- Achieve the highest standards in providing F&B services.
- Be approachable, personable and helpful.
- Maintain excellent work standards and the desired image of the company.
- Participate in periodic performance appraisal.
Qualification, Education and Attributes:
- Graduate in Hotel Management or the equivalent, desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Restaurant Manager or Supervisor.
- Knowledge of store, service and preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of international beverage terminology.
- Knowledge of store, service and preparation of food.
- Knowledge of international food terminology.
- Knowledge of Safety & Hygiene precautions relevant to this work.
- Basic computer and report writing skills.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic conflict resolution skills.
- Leadership, training and coaching skills.
- Interviewing & selection skills.
- Manpower and roster skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Able to take instruction and follow procedures.
- Attentiveness to details.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, often under pressure.
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated resume to email@example.com