GROUP : International
TEAM : Nepal Response Team
LOCATION : Palung, Makwanpur, Nepal.
RESPONSIBLE TO : Response Manager
The Area Coordinator (AC) is responsible for leading and managing a Tearfund operational team in project location. As the most senior representative for Tearfund in the project location, the AC is responsible for representation to the local authorities, for coordination with partner NGOs and stakeholders at Makwanpur district. The AC is responsible for project management and the implementation of programme quality and accountability commitments and for ensuring Tearfund policies and procedures are adhered to by staff and partner NGOs. AC contributes to the design and update of the country strategy by providing inputs from filed location and implementing the country strategy at field level in collaboration with Thematic Advisers and Response Manager.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
- Grade: 3
- Member of the Extended Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Reports to the Response Manager
- The post-holder will, at all times, carry out their responsibilities with the utmost respect for the protection of children in accordance with Tearfund’s Child Protection Policy.
- The post-holder will be expected to behave in accordance with Tearfund’s ‘Code of Conduct’ as referred to in the Personal Conduct Policy.
4.1 Programme Strategy
- Ensure Tearfund’s purpose, values, and the programme objectives are communicated amongst project staff and facilitate input from project staff in the strategic planning process.
- Implementing the country strategy at project location in collaboration with Thematic Advisers and Response Manager
- Representing Tearfund and coordinating with all external stakeholders at Makwanpur district and providing valuable input in strategy planning.
4.2 Program Implementation
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of regular programs at field level through partners.
- Facilitating new project’s conception in collaboration with Thematic Advisers and Response Manager.
- Supervising the work of the program officer and support services at field level, in collaboration with Logistic and Finance Managers
- Ensuring the synergy between Technical and Support services at field level
- Ensuring the implementation of strategy and action plans recommended by Tearfund Country Management Team
- Monitoring the social climate at field level and report to Response Manager and Deputy Country Director Partnership in case of any social issues that hinders the program implementation in field level.
- Managing overall the training needs at project location.
- Ensuring Tearfund Quality Standard, Teafund Values are taken under consideration by Tearfund staffs and partner agency while implementing the program.
- Preventing any kind of frauds and power abuses at program location and informing it to the concerned.
4.3 Team Management
- Provide leadership to the programme officer at project location, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities, encouraging effective team work and inclusiveness, and building a team spirit through regular meetings.
- Oversee the administrative functions in field level, line managing programme officers based in project location.
- Ensure Tearfund’s performance management system is effectively implemented, with objective setting, probationary reviews, regular catch ups, 6-monthly performance appraisals carried out for all staff based in project location.
- Support the implementation of Tearfund’s staff development policy, including personal development planning in a way that is consistent and transparent.
- Conduct disciplinary and grievance procedures, as required, in conjunction with the HR Manager.
4.4 Corporate Policy and Compliance
- Responsible for security management in the project location, including writing and updating the location-specific Security Plan, ensuring staff are fully briefed/trained on the agreed security measures appropriate to the area, staff understand individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security and ensuring incidents are reported, critical learning is recorded and corrective actions taken.
- Responsible for health and safety for the project team in the designated area, ensuring policy is understood by staff, and any accidents are recorded appropriately.
- Responsible for project compliance with the procedures set out in Tearfund’s Disaster Management System for the development of project proposals, reporting, monitoring, evaluation, learning, project completion and for compliance with donor rules.
- In conjunction with the HR Manager and HR staff, ensure local recruitment is consistent with Tearfund HR recruitment policies, the legal context and local practice
- In conjunction with the HR Manager and HR staff, ensure HR policies and procedures are understood by the project team and implemented.
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager and finance staff, ensure financial management is in accordance with Tearfund financial systems and policies.
- In conjunction with the Logistics Manager and logistics staff, ensure logistics systems (procurement, transport, storage, communications, estate / buildings management, asset management etc), security procedure at filed level are in accordance with Tearfund logistics systems and policies.
4.5 Liaison and Coordination
- Act as principal contact point of Tearfund from program location (District level and VDC level) to the local authorities, partners and other stakeholders.
- Updating Tearfund activities with District level stakeholders.
- Establish good relationship with local authorities, partners and other stakeholders and facilitate administrative procedure.
4.6 Partner Management
- Monitoring and ensuring the activities of partners are as per the plan agreed between Tearfund and Partner agencies.
- Conducting periodic meetings with the partners to take updates from partners and ensure effective communication between Tearfund and Partners required to carry out the planned activities.
- Review periodic reports and activity of partners in the field and provide required information to the Response Manager.
- Lead the Project Management Unit (PMU) at Hetauda and Palung in coloboration with partner organizations
- Organize regular monthly field staff meeting at Palung and quarterly PMU meeting with field staff and partner organizations
Bachelor’s Degree in sociology or development study or civil engineering or in related field.
Master’s Degree in sociology or development study or civil engineering or in related field will be given more preference.
At least 3 years of work experience with I/NGO or equivalent in management function including partner management.
Experience in financial and logistics systems
Experience in partner management
SKILLS / ABILITIES
Excellent written English
Leadership and management skills
Organisational and administrative skills
Negotiation and representation skills
Analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Training and mentoring skills
People developer and motivator
Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
Commitment to accountability to beneficiaries and transparency, showing dignity and respect, and demonstrating listening and understanding
Flexibility, ability to remain calm under pressure
Willingness to travel and live in basic conditions
Please send your Resume and Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form can be downloaded from http://merojob.com/download/Application-Form-TEARFUND.docx