Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal (with some travel in Nepal)
Start Date: February 2019
Background and Objectives:
Louis Berger Group seeks an Administration and Finance Coordinator for an ongoing programme in Nepal. The Administration and Finance Coordinator will be responsible for processing all types of payments, financial matters, internal control systems and backstopping administration and finance coordinator for ensuring effective and efficient administrative management.
The key responsibilities of the Administration and Finance Coordinator is as follows:
- Review employee expense reports for completeness and accuracy to include properly filled out expense form, required receipts and signatures.
- Process payments and disbursement vouchers with proper documents accurately and timely
- Examines a variety of invoices and prepare vouchers ensuring completeness and accuracy with the terms of the original purchase order, contract, lease, and/or other authorizing document.
- Maintain disbursement sheet and timely reimburse the petty cash fund
- Work on the periodic closing of the Nepal cash reporting requirement
- Process the Provident Fund and taxes payment on timely basis
- Make VAT claim on timely basis and follow up with VAT office
- Maintain and monitor Advance register and timely settlement of advances
- Prepare cash flow and fund request from Home office and financial reporting
- Backstopping admin and finance manager in handling day to day office administration work including hotel reservation, flight bookings, vehicle management and other logistics in training events, field visits and meetings
- Monitoring vehicle log-books, renewal of permits and maintenance of vehicles.
- Process the procurement request including filling the requests, handing the purchase, completing the receiving reports and update the price list on period basis.
- Ensure the cost effectiveness of all procurements.
- Assist as required on the project staff bank accounts opening, visa processing for Expatriates
- Handle and update Inventory Management system on periodic basis.
- Keeps records of benefits such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics
- Working on monthly processing of Local National monthly payroll, preparation of pay slips, and disbursement on payday.
- Keep records for the tax and provident fund payments and balances.
- Updating & ensuring the accuracy of Accrued Vacation day and sick day schedule.
- Track the LOE for staffs and consultant
- Candidate will report to the Administration and Finance Manager.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the Nepalese private/public sector;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict and ethical management skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets and financial analysis
- Good written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Nepali.