LOCATION: Kathmandu, Department of Education
CONTRACT LENGTH: June 2017 with possibility of extension
CHILD SAFRGUARDING: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Education Cluster, headed by the Undersecretary of the Department of Education, in order to allow the cluster team to meet its objectives. This will include, but is not limited to, organizing cluster meetings, preparing and disseminating meeting minutes, liaising with cluster partners, ensuring all partner data is updated and correct, etc.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure the preparation of Education Cluster communication tree is continually updated. Maintain database of related staff members in DOE, DEOs, cluster member organizations and DPs including telephone and home addresses.
- Develop and maintain work calendar of Education Cluster and its implementation in close coordination with Lead and co leads
- Ensure all cluster meetings are organized in planned manner (prior sharing of agenda, minute preparation and reporting)
- Ensure all cluster documents are in place and available when required, with a focus on creating redundant systems in case of emergency
- Ensure issuing letters /emails from cluster lead as and when required and maintain records
- Regular update visitor's information list in Education cluster and circulate to Cluster lead, co-leads and relevant staff members.
- Ensure that reception service is functioning at its best level of satisfaction for all staffs.
- Ensure that adequate administrative support by Support Staff in internal meetings/workshops.
- Ensure the administration of Cluster and IT is running smoothly.
- Coordinate with DOE administration for continued function of office generators during load shedding, servicing of generator and arrange fuel on time.
- Ensure the cluster office stores are running properly and analyse the minimum level of materials required to have uninterrupted supplies.
- Prepare various checklists and mobilize team for smooth office administration.
- Represent Education cluster as and when required
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Arrange a periodic / weekly meeting with supervisor, team and write meeting minutes.
- Maintain the files and filing system in the central office of Education cluster
- Ensure the ingoing and outgoing mails, letters, couriers are correctly and timely functioning.
- Carry out other duties when required and requested by supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters’ Degree in Management or related Social Science
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience (2 years* for GSI group); previous experience of working with government authorities preferred
- Interpersonal and communication skill
- Fluent spoken and written Nepali; good spoken and written English skills
- Analytical skill